Friday 11 January 2013

Vietnam!!

We made it!

The flight was very pleasant. On the first plane, from Sydney to Singapore, I watched some sitcoms and that new Kirsten Dunst movie Bachelorette (didn't really like it), and we had a nice breakfast and lunch plus a G&T. We sat in the back row with only two seats, and reclined as far as we wanted.

On the plane from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City we had dinner (nice again, especially the dessert, which was like cold rice pudding) and Singapore Slings! Fun! I watched the first half of Pitch Perfect too. It was really funny, I can't wait to see the rest.

Though I enjoyed the flights I was very glad to reach the hotel. We stayed at the Cat Huy Hotel, which was quite cheap ($30/night) and basic but very spacious and clean. The aircon was incredibly efficient, the service was great and the minibar was super cheap! Prices ranged from thirty cents for a bottled water to a dollar fifty for M&Ms. Bargain.

Breakfast the next morning was included and it was really nice! I had a jambon and cheese omelette. Jambon turned out to be ham so that was good! I didn't drink the juice because a) it had ice and b) it was Tang but the bread on the side was so delicious, all crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Mmmm.

We sat outside so we could watch all the people in the street. It's quiet at night, but in the daytime all the residents sell things out the front of their homes. They have everything from raw meat to china. It didn't smell great but it sure was interesting, I even saw a lady gutting an eel. Fortunately I didn't take a picture of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment