Thursday 6 December 2012

Capsule Wardrobe

Obviously I'm going to need something to wear over the next few days while I sort out my wardrobe, so I saved a few things for a little capsule collection.

  • Navy jeans
  • Black skirt
  • Black work pants
  • Navy singlet
  • 2 x tank tops (1 pink, 1 navy)
  • 2 x sleeveless blouse style tops (1 pink, 1 navy)
  • 2 x dresses (1 work, 1 LBD)
  • 2 x cardigans (1 navy, to wear with jeans and tops; 1 black, to wear with black clothes)
  • Pyjamas for varying temperatures: t-shirt, shorts, warm pants, nightie
  • 2 bras (1 nude, 1 black)
  • Several pairs undies
  • 1 pair black tights
  • Black heels
  • 2 x flats (1 black to go with black clothes; 1 purple to go with navy clothes)
  • Pink thongs
  • Beige clutch
  • Beige handbag
  • 5 pairs earrings, 1 bangle, 1 ring

My wardrobe looks so nice with just these few things in there.  It wouldn't really do in the long term, as there are only two work outfits and nothing warm enough for Winter, and the mix-and-match possibilities are limited because I play by the old rules and refuse to mix black and navy.  But I will see how long I can manage with it; these are the clothes I wear most anyway so I hope this will help me learn to live with much less.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Gok Wan would be proud of you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks love! It is not going so well but it is making me think harder about what I actually need in my wardrobe.

      Delete