This easy retro dip is by far my most popular dish. I'm not really sure what that says about the rest of my cooking, but people always ask for the recipe so here it is!
1 cob bread
1 box frozen spinach
250 ml light sour cream
250ml regular sour cream
1 pkt French Onion powdered soup mix
Grated cheese (optional)
1. To prepare the bread, cut a big circle out of the top and pull the inside out until you have a sort of bowl left. Tear the inside bits into small pieces for dipping, then put all your bread on a tray and pop it in the oven for a few minutes to toast it.
2. Mix sour creams together and add French Onion soup mix to taste.
3. Microwave frozen spinach according to instructions and combine with sour cream mix.
5. Add cheese if you like, and warm it up in the microwave.
6. Pour the dip into the bread bowl and serve. When you run out of pieces of bread to dip, start tearing up the crust.
Be careful not to make any holes in the bread! If you do, just squash some extra over the hole before you put it in the oven.
For some reason I can never get my hands on a cob when I need one. I try to keep one in the freezer, but a Vienna bread does the job too. Just don't get sourdough!