Thursday 31 January 2013

Things I Hate Thursday: Chipped Nail Polish

I know I've said this before but I need to explain again how much I HATE CHIPPED NAIL POLISH!

Here is a picture of some fingers wearing nail polish:



Pretty nice hey? Those nails are so glossy you sort of can't even see them for all the light they're reflecting, but they sure do look neat and tidy and glamourous.

Here - and I am sorry for ruining your day by exposing you to such hideousness but it has to be done - is a photo of some fingers with chipped nail polish.



On a scale of one to ten, I'd give this look about negative a billion.  It's repulsive!

I can forgive a tiny amount of chipping - maybe you just opened a can of Coke ten minutes ago and you haven't been able to take your polish off yet. What I can't forgive is the kind of hardcore chipping that has clearly been going on for days on end. What, you didn't have two spare minutes in all that time? If that's true, and you have not been dealing with a natural disaster or similar, then you need to rearrange your priorities.

Look, I suck at nails so I do get how difficult it is for some people to have perfectly polished nails all the time.  But you know what's not difficult? Having unpolished nails! If your polish is chipped and you can't reapply, just TAKE IT OFF.


See? It doesn't really scream glamour, but at least it won't make people think you're absurdly lazy and take zero pride in your appearance and/or self.  Plain nails are, if not mega stylish, then at least acceptable, whereas chipped ones ARE NOT.

What I find especially unacceptable is chipped polish on toes.  Ugh.  I feel sick just thinking about it. In fact I find it so reprehensible that I'm not even including a photo, because really, nobody ever needs to see that.

Toes are much slower to chip - or perhaps it's just harder to see because they're further away from people's eyes (this is also the reason that you can just keep touching up the chips to maintain a perfect pedicure for at least a week).  If your toes get to the point of having chips visible to other people, you have a problem and your problem is called being lazy and gross.
 
Solve it.
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Haha. I have been guilty of wearing chipped polish and then trying to hide my hands all day at work. I do agree its bad though - I was in a meeting today with someone with chipped polish and I did notice it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I had chipped nail polish on two nails for a whole day this week. Hope I'm still your mum xx

    ReplyDelete