Wednesday 28 November 2012

Sealevel Again

 
Jim and I went to Sealevel again on Sunday night.
 
 
I love their mini loaves of bread, so cute and yummy.
 
 
I started with the semolina squid this time (delicious), and Jimmy had the beetroot ravioli.
 
 
We both had the same main:
 
 
It was awesome.
 
 
This vanilla and cherry creme brulee was a bit ordinary.  The cherry element was just a few cherries chucked into a regular creme brulee, which was kind of weird, plus the custard wasn't set and the top wasn't a proper hard cracky caramel, as you can see.
 
The flavour was good and it had a silky, creamy texture, but it was just not what we had expected. 
 
The rest of the meal was still lovely and I will keep going back; I just won't order dessert next time.
 
Thanks Jimmy for taking me out for a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment