Thursday 22 November 2012

18th Birthday Dinner at Sealevel

On Sunday my family and I celebrated Betty's 18th birthday at Sealevel, a favourite restaurant of ours in Cronulla.

We started with cocktails: a Pineapple Mojito for Betty and a pomegranate, cranberry, lemon and mint concoction called Simply Pink for me.

Betty didn't like hers that much  so I swapped her.  I thought it was good, but the Simply Pink was better.  It was probably the most delicious beverage I've ever tasted.  It's going in the Official List.

Entrees included squid, pork belly, scallops and beetroot ravioli. All were excellent.

 
 

 
The ravioli looked like Devon but I promise it didn't taste like it at all.

Mains included beer battered perch with chips, snapper, and steak with fancy onions and some delicious mashed potato stuff.

 
 
 
The waitress who served us was great too; very friendly and funny but still professional.

We got there early enough to enjoy the spectacular view of the ocean as well. I didn't get a photo but I really think you should all go there and sea for yourselves (boom boom).  They have midweek specials, function packages, very reasonably-priced breakfast options and a hectic seafood platter too.

It was a fantastic dining experience about which I have absolutely no complaints.  Even their bathrooms are nice.  The only thing I'd change is maybe having a giant Simply Pink fountain on every table.  Thanks Sealevel!

No comments:

Post a Comment