Monday 3 December 2012

Chocpad

Instead of going to Bay Vista last week I tried out a new dessert place in Cronulla called Chocpad. I'm not really sure why it's called that.


The menu was much more limited than BV. They still had pancakes, waffles and cakes from a fridge, but not nearly as many varieties, and they only had one flavour of ice-cream! I know many cafes would only have vanilla, but you expect a few options at a dessert bar. Especially one that has sundaes on its menu!

 
Turns out a sundae is just an expensive bowl of vanilla ice-cream with syrup on top, similar to what kids get at Chinese restaurants.

I had a cinnamon waffle, which was pretty nice. It was fancier than a Bay Vista waffle and the melted chocolate was nicer, but I only got one instead of two and a scoop of ice-cream cost $2 extra so it ended up more expensive than BV.


Chocpad isn't woeful - the food was decent and the staff were nice - but you get a wider variety and better value for money at Bay Vista, San Churro, the Cronulla Ice Creamery or a late night cafe. I might go back if somebody else organised it, but I don't think I would choose it again myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment