Saturday 14 July 2012

Sweet And Salty And A Little Bit Nutty

Last weekend Em came round and we made Nigella's Sweet and Salty Crunchy Nut Bars.  Here is how:


We melted 300g of dark and milk chocolate (I think it was 200 milk and 100 dark, but you can do it however you like) with 3 tablespoons of golden syrup and 250g of butter.  The recipe said 125g.  Oops.






I smashed up about 160g of Crunchie bars.




We chucked that and 250g salted peanuts into the pan and mixed it all up.




Then we put it in a lined tray and let it set in the fridge for a few hours.  Easy!


It's super delicious, but because of the extra butter it was even more delicious but also very rich, so I chopped it into pretty small pieces.




Which is great because that means there are heaps more pieces for me to enjoy!  I've been snacking on it every day and there's still a bit left.


Thanks Em for coming over and showing me this lovely recipe!



1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks perfect, I have been aching for something just like it to serve up when my Aunt Flo comes by, I think it'll be right up her alley. So rich *droooooool*

    ReplyDelete