Monday 4 June 2012

So Many Snaps: Things I've Done Lately


I went back to Bay Vista a couple more times.

Here are some waffles with strawberries and white chocolate sauce:






This banana split looked nice but the banana was bruised :(



Here's a sign at the takeaway shop nearby:


Weird, huh?


I had a chicken, bacon, leek and potato pie for lunch at a cafe at uni.  It was pretty good and ony $7.50!

The other thing is James's smoked salmon wrap, sounds nice but actually disappointing.  I won this round.


I went out for dinner with my Dad and BetDawg to ShangriLa Chinese in Cazbah.  If you've been reading for a long time you'll remember that I love retro Chinese food.


San(g?) Choy Bow was amazing.


I had fried ice cream for the first time - pretty nice!


Mongolian lamb and lemon chicken with the sauce on the side <3



I got a new coat!  I looked for ages for a black one to wear with dresses and I finally found this one at SES for $30.  It's surprisingly warm but it doesn't have pockets which is kind of annoying.



I went to my cousin's birthday party.  It was a dress up theme, but we came in our regular clothes and he provided things for everyone to dress up.  I thought I was rather fetching in a plastic blonde wig and red sequinned cocktail dress.





Here is some yummy food I ate at book club.


Thanks Amy for hosting such a great night and helping me finish that champagne!

We read The Hunger Games, which as you may know I read a few weeks ago, but I will discuss that after exams.


I don't want to keep buying stuff so I made a DIY body lotion.  I had this Clinique perfumed one that smells nice but way too strong, so I mixed it with this pretty much fragrance free Garnier stuff (which is very moisturising, I recommend it) and put it in this empty Natio tub (which contained some lovely lotion, I recommend that too). 


Et voila, luxury body lotion without spending any extra money!


I read a gossip mag at work.  Here's Phil Collins's daughter Lily:


I think she's quite pretty.


And this one's for Gemma:




Every year James gets some prizes at the Law Faculty awards night and I always go with him.  I wore my red dress and he matched me!


It is usually a good night; last year's sucked so they made it extra good this year to compensate.  Waiters walked around with trays of champagne and cocktails and there was heaps of lovely food, including fresh prawns and cannoli.  And I finally got to meet our Dean of Law, of whom I am an enourmous fan.


I had this pizza from Big Al's at Miranda.  It was SO GOOD.  It's tandoori chicken.


I ordered a delivery from them a couple of days later and I picked the same pizza.  What I received looked like a BBQ chicken.  It had a slightly Indian taste though, so possibly it's the same pizza but they forgot the, garnishes i.e. tandoori sauce and nuts and corriander.  Which makes it not really the same pizza at all. 

And they said the wait would be 45 minutes to 1 hr and it took about 1 hr 25. 
Disappointing.





In the Summer I buy my dresses at op shops, but in the Winter I need Merino wool and I always get it from Glassons.  It's cheaper online, as their prices are the same in NZ and AUD and the site is NZ.  They had $10 off too!


I got this dark teal jumper, and the same one in black as my own black one is a bit tatty now.

But the best thing was this dress:


It has proper 3/4 (not elbow) sleeves, a not-too-low scoop neck and a short-but-not-tunic-like skirt.  There's enough dress to keep you warm and it's super comfy.  I've always dreamed of owning a Merino dress like this.  You can't really see but it has a funky zipper on the side of the skirt - kind of weird but whatever, I'm warm!

It cost about $80 for the three.  The jumpers are $40 each in the shop at Westfield so quite a good deal.  The website has some other similar sale on at the moment so hop to it!


I saw an ABBA tribute act with my Mum, Nana and Aunty.  I'm just cool like that.


It wasn't Bjorn Again.  They're called Abbasback.  They were a bit amateurish; in parts a little dull but in other parts really fun.  Overall it was a good time, especially in the second half when they changed into cooler outfits and did all the best songs.


James and I remain committed to matching, but he's not committed to keeping his mirror clean so you'll just have to take my word for it that his navy coat matched my navy Glassons knit and navy corduroy (the very fine kind, what is this called?) CKM blazer, purchased in Coffs Harbour circa 2006.



And apparently that's all the photos I had!

I'm a bit preoccupied at the mo but I'll be back in a bit with advice on workwear for weirdly shaped people, a story about my famous stalker and probably a lot more pictures of things I've eaten.  (Today's highlight: a Value Pack of Aldi brand M&Ms.)  In the meantime good luck everybody with your exams and assessments and such.

4 comments:

  1. Seeing all these things you've done makes me realise how long it's been since I've seen you - too long! I cannot wait for exams to be over, sorry I've been such a shit friend lately. How many catch ups do you think we can squeeze into the 2 week period between finishing exams and me jetting off? Hopefully a million xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been WAY too long, I miss you! I think a million catch ups sounds about right xx

      Delete
  2. Yesssssssssssss John Mayer made it into the blog! I think this is an appropriate time for my first comment! What was the article about?? Was it about him being a massive douche? Because that is usually the theme.
    P.s. everyone should buy (or at least illegally download) Born and Raised. Its really good. If you don't believe me, check out the *objective* reviews, especially the one in Rolling Stone, which can be found here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/born-and-raised-20120522
    Gem xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Gemma! I don't remember what the article was about but I think it may have been saying that he ISN'T a massive douche, surprisingly. I will check when I next go to work.

      Just for you, I will check out Born and Raised and review it. One day.

      Delete